Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My thoughts on the latest AP reports



Ok, so on the first ap report I posted yesterday, I re-read it several times and the more times I read it, the more I disliked it.




Rebecca's comment about having had two birth mothers change their minds previously and thought she could spot red flags makes it sounds like pregnant woman who consider adoption and change their minds are scamming. Infuriates me. I'm fail to see how it's so difficult to differentiate between a scam and a pregnant woman who changes her mind. Also, the writer made no mention of previous alias names or the fact that she was caught on national tv a few years ago....even though I gave him tons of information on her. Lastly, he didn't put officer greg's number to contact for her latest victims to contact. I think thet only good thing that will come from this is the vests will end up with another baby. Maybe I'm just tired of fighting this losing battle...

Then the second story came out today. In this one, stories are put with victims names and it gives a background as to what Amy's past has been.

I actually quoted "nothing's going to change until somebody pitches a fit." Oh. my. goodness. I really said that. Classy, huh? I can't help it. I start thinking about her and I lose my everloving mind. I'm happiest with the simple quote of "
"It's not good for someone who wants to adopt, but it's not good for these women who want to put up their children for adoption. They're looked at suspiciously and that's not fair either." That's been my point for so long.....It's not just about the potential adoptive parents, it's about the women considering placing thier babies for adoption or those women who plan on adoption and change their minds afterward. Could this really happen?  Could there be enough public outrage to get laws and regulations in place?  Time will tell....


Read more: Woman's trail of phony pregnancies ends in Armstrong County jail - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/leadertimes/news/s_782690.html#ixzz1n5AMzBHB

No comments:

Post a Comment